NewGenLib Open Source 3.0.4 R1 Update 1 is now ready to serve you
Greetings from NewGenLib Open Source
NewGenLib Open Source Team is happy to announce the release of 3.0.4 R1 Update 1.
What's new in this update?
- SIP2 Support: From this release NGL comes with in-built SIP2 support. Just edit your SIP2.properties file and NGL starts the SIP server accordingly
- Full text Indexing and Searching of digital attachments: NGL now uses Apache Tika. With this new tool not only catalogue records but their digital attachments and URLS are indexed. Now you can also search based on the content of your digital attachments
- Web statistics: To know your OPAC usage you can now place Google Analytics code or any other such code
- Sign up in OPAC: New users can now sign up from OPAC. After Librarian's approval a Patron record is created in the database
- Email new arrivals: Users can now share new arrivals with others through Email
- User ratings of Catalogue Records: An enhancement for User reviews is provided in OPAC. Users can now rate a catalogue record on a scale of 5 (Most useful to not useful). Also, one level of approval is added for User reviews and ratings. After the approval by the Librarian reviews are published on OPAC
- Feedback and comments on catalogue records: Users can write their feedbacks/comments on catalogue records. Librarian can approve and reply for these comments. Approved comments are published on OPAC.
- Users can now submit catalogue records from OPAC along with digital attachments. Cataoguer must refine/approve these records. These records are then added to the main Catalogue
- Circulation form letters made more powerful, simple and more customizable: From this version we are moving all the form letters to Freemarker templates. All form letters will be generated in 3 formats: HTML for rich text, Text format and Message format for SMS & Tweets. Currently, all critical circulation form letters are migrated. In the future all form letters will be moved into this setup
- Cirulcation history download: Users can now download their Circulation history as a PDF file in OPAC
- Auto Sign-on: Integrating your Intranet applications with NewGenLib for a single sign on is now very simple
Happy to help you
NewGenLib Team is awaiting for your call to help you. Get help from us, there are no obligations and no conditions whatsoever.
For any assistance in Installation or upgrade contact us at
Telephone: +91 741 678 3719,+91 741 678 2119, +91 402 771 9161,+91 402 771 9162
Yahoo Messenger: firstname.lastname@example.org
Google Talk: email@example.com
Skype Id for voice chat: newgenlib.oss
Forums: http://forums.newgenlib.org We will be looking forward to help you