Now they do not provide support to open source version of NGL... They provide support to Enterprise version. Now onwards NewGenLib is not an open source software...However, I consider it as their error, they did it in 2003 also but failed. Again they did it, lets see how long they go. As the people using open source version will migrate to other software like koha.
Verus Solutions should atlease keep new updates in open source.
Dr. Pawan R. Agrawal
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Government College
Govt. Arts, Commerce and Science College
UT of Dadra and Nagar Haveli
Re: Why NGL admins are not respond to any clients questions?
hi Dr.Pawan Agarwal
may be you are working as a marketing person for the Koha as a pert/full time job.
if anyone have issues they may get the reply from the people who are available in this community.
if you know the answer please share your ideas here or else purchase a website and make the marketing for koha online.
This is Ramesh CEO of Verus Solutions Private Limited the only developer of NewGenLib, we ensure that VSPL is working on both flavours of NGL.
As a free user of NGL Mr. Pawan Agarwal we understand that you are so unhappy with the support provided by Forums, so we strongly recommend you to switch to Enterprises Edition where you can get support on the spot when ever you are in required. (we are not having any resource who is doing charity, we need to pay for everything.)
As a business entity if we do not have priority to the client who payed for the development of VSPL how can we survive?
If you are a fan of other ILMS available in market then please go ahead, Why are you posting in such a way that you have discovered that NGL Open Source is no more. (NGL OPEN SOURCE HAVE A STRONG USER BASE WHO ARE HELPING AND HELPED BY OTHER NGL OS USERS).
We have answers almost all questions raised in forums, kindly search for previous answers, if there is any new question then please be patient until we find the solution.
Ramesh Babu (CEO)
NewGenLib - Install Happiness
Verus Solutions Private Limited
Plot No : 41, 42, Flat No 101, SwarnaBharathi Towers, AS Raju Nagar,
Opp JPN Nagar Colony, Miyapur, Cyberabad, Hyderabad, Telangana, - 500 049.
Greetings... My submission to your arguments are as under.
1. I would like to make it very clear that I am not unhappy with VSPL by not providing service to open source customers.
2. VSPL has all rights to charges for their service as service is not a part of an open source software. I also understand that VSPL is not having resources to do free services. I have discussed the same with Siddhartha about it long back. Hence, VSPL should and must provide service on payment bases.
3. I am using NGL for Last 6 years and even supported other libraries to install NGL under 'free lancer scheme" of NGL, If you are aware of it. Moreover, I have two publications on NGL to aware library professionals aware about NGL.
4. your biggest argument "that you have discovered that NGL Open Source is no more.". Sorry but I have not wrote this. My writing is "Now onward NewGenLib is not an open source software." please emphasize on NOW ONWARD. This is because new versions of NGL are not open source software.
5. Hence, I say once again that, I have no objection is NGL not providing service to open source users. But to call it an open source software VSPL need to continue to distribute its newer versions to open source software as only through open source platform user base of NGL will grow. Other way it will either restrict to the current numbers or open source users will choose to migrate. Please remember all users of NGL may not have sufficient funds to purchase an enterprise version.
I hope you understand my argument. I am in no way against NGL. I am still a user of NGL and spreading its user base.
you can also refer my Publications on NGL. The links of the same are as following